.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Altered IKEA Mirrors--Part 2

Here is the second phase of this project.  I cut squares of scrapbook paper slightly bigger than the mirror size (just under 4 inches) because there's room for the paper to just slide under the wood.  I loved that I didn't have to figure out the best way to glue them in there.  I still wanted to have some exposed mirror though, so I didn't cover all of them.  And when I was painting, I just slid some wax paper between the wood and the mirror to keep it clean. 

The last part of the project doesn't really count as a phase, as all I have to do is hammer in some saw tooth hangers and hang them up.  I'll snap a picture of that too, so that at least the reflection of the ceiling texture won't show up in them!


No comments:

Post a Comment