Here's the one I did first. Zipper taken from worn out capris, old sheet, white fabric that had been a make-shift bed skirt (that has since been replaced) and a small piece of new green fabric. I only have pictures of the finished pouch for this one.
To make the green ruffle, I hemmed the long edges under, then did a baste stitch so I could ruffle the whole piece. Then I sewed that onto the flowered fabric before I sewed it to the zipper.
This is the second pouch I made.
This time I bought a zipper, but used the same white for the lining as before, black and white scraps from a dress I made for one of my daughters, and pink knit from a stained girl's shirt.
To make the ruffles here, I took 3 strips of the pink knit and did a baste stitch down the middle and ruffled them.
I lined them up on the black and white fabric and pinned the top and bottom before sewing down the middles of the ruffles. In retrospect, I should have used pink thread, but I was a little overeager and didn't stop to look for any.