**I've added new notes at the bottom of the post**
I collect jewelry like I collect shoes--meaning, I only have a little of each. Part of me would love to have a closet full of foot wear and a cabinet full of sparkly, chunky color. The other part of me lacks the money (and possibly style) to pull it off. I'm also super picky about being comfortable, and frankly, a lot of fun shoes just aren't that comfortable. Same goes for large earrings--dangley and pretty, but pulling on my ears all day.
So I decided to design my own and I think they came out pretty good--a cheap (and light) way to add a pop of color to my get up!
I created each earring pattern in Make the Cut, making sure to put a small hole at the top of each one for a hook.
I cut them from cardstock (I wanted them to be sturdier than regular paper and also colored on the back side too) using my Black Cat Cougar--you could of course use a Silhouette or Cricut or even a paper punch!
I stuck them back down onto my sticky mat and covered them with Glossy Accents and let them dry over night. I found that having them stuck down to the mat helped them to not curl up as the Glossy Accents dried.
Stick an earring hook through the hole and they're ready to wear! What do you think? Which color/shape is your favorite? And, most importantly, do you think you'll try making your own?
- I only put the Glossy Accents on the top side
- I have not used Dimensional Mod Podge before, so I don't know how it would work on something like this
- They are not super sturdy, they are paper after all...but they ave been holding up great for me! (though I am past the stage of having kids little enough to be grabbing at my earrings)
- And finally, yes--I am willing sell completed pairs (not everyone has access to a cutting machine) 1 pair-- $5
- 2 pair-- $9
- 3 pair-- $12
- Pay using Paypal, shipping included (in US), you choose between the three shapes and any solid color you want, let me know if you have questions!
Download the MTC file
And by popular demand, SVG file
If you're a Disney fan, be sure to check out my most recent design--the Mickey Earrings!
Click here if you want to comment