Over at the Expressions Vinyl Facebook Page they are having a rock your stockings contest! People can upload a picture of a stocking they fancied up using vinyl! And they asked some of their favorite bloggers to get the ball rolling with some fun ideas! (You can enter to win a gift card--but I also have a gift card for $100 to Expressions Vinyl at the bottom of this post! )
To make these stocking blocks, cut a 1 x 4 into 4 inch pieces and paint black. Spread a bit of Vaseline on the edges when the paint is dry and add a coat of white paint.
Cut squares of burlap to be a little smaller than than the wood. Cut stocking shapes from the iron-on vinyl, along with names (remember to mirror the image!)
Gently sand the edges of the block to remove the white paint where the Vaseline was and glue the burlap down.
Here are 18 fun stocking ideas that all have Heat transfer vinyl on them!
1. Faux wool sock from Fynes Design
2. Personalized stockings from Maybe I will
3. Gift card holder from 733 blog
4. Customized stocking from Artsy Fartsy Mama
5. Stocking tag from Strawberry Mommy Cakes
6. Stocking pillow from One Krieger chick
7. Stocking shirt from Pitter and Glink
8. Stocking banner by Sugar Bee Crafts
9. Boy Scout stocking from MM Scrap Shoppe
12. Diy Stockings from Mabey She Made It
13. Stocking with car from Kiki Comin
14.Personalized stockings from Craftily Ever After
15. Burlap Joy stocking from A Girl and a Glue Gun
16. Stocking Placecard from Crafting in the Rain
17. Scandinavian inspired stocking from Tried and true
18. cute stocking from Flamingo Toes
Make sure to enter to win $100 gift card to Expressions Vinyl! Good Luck!
Here are the types of vinyl I used: (affiliate)
a Rafflecopter giveaway