I'm excited to be joining up with Phat Quarters and some other crazy talented bloggers on this blog tour showcasing the new Wanderlust fabric line from Monaluna.
My project will be perfect for you to make from the fabric scraps you have left over after following some of the other tutorials on the tour.
Fabric button kit
1) Cut a piece of cardstock to 5x7 inches, spray it with adhesive (outside us best, because it can get all over the place.)
2) Smooth out the fabric over the sticky board, watching placement of the patter on you fabric. I made sure the horses were in the right place.
3) Cut the excess fabric, leaving 1/4 inch or so around the edges.
5) Cut 4 fabric circles at 3 inches across and 4 circles at 2 inches. Fold each circle twice (into quarters) and secure with a bit of hot glue.) Layer on top of a small circle of fabric or felt, putting down the larger pieces first and then the small pieces.
6) Make a fabric covered button using instructions from the kit and glue it to the center of the flower.
7) Make a rolled flower by starting with a strip of fabric 1 1/2 inches wide by 8 long. Tie a knot in one end and start twisting and rolling around the knot, gluing when needed. At the end if the fabric, fold it under the flower and glue. Make two of these.
8) Glue all 3 flowers on the frame and put the fabric board into the frame.
Wanderlust Blog Tour
Sponsored by Monaluna
Hosted by Phat Quarters
Thanks again to Monaluna for providing the fabric. You can get your own in the Phat Quarters shop!