I purchased some Christmas images, and one of them was a cute Santa head. I wanted to attach it to a tag. Here's the step by step how how to upload an image to Design Space.
1) On a current or new project, click the "Upload Images" menu item on the left. Then click the "Upload Image" button.
2) Click the Browse button
3) Open the right folder on your computer where you have the image you want to upload and double click on it.
4) Now you need to remove the background. Unless I have just a black and white image, I usually like to choose the Moderate option.
5) Click on the background pieces that you'd like to erase. The background will turn to checkerboard, indicating it has been erased. Then click "Continue."
6) Click on the uploaded image (or images) that you want to use in your project and hit the "Insert Images" button on the bottom right.design mat I
If any of that doesn't seem clear, watch this video where I walk through all these same steps.
I added my Santa image to a tag I'd already created in Design Space. To make the whole thing a Print and Cut image, position everything where you want it, then select all layers and click "Flatten"
When you click "Go" you see the screen where you can see placement on the mat and edit the number of copies if needed. If you want to Print and Cut on cardstock, or sticker paper, or something other than your regular printer paper, make sure you put that in the printer BEFORE you print :) Click "Go" again and then click "Print Page."
Stick the page down on the mat and then proceed like you would with any cut. Roll the mat in the Cricut and click the Cut button on the machine. The light in the machine will locate each of those 3 registration marks and then start cutting.
Look how great they turned out! Now they're ready to attach to treats, gifts, whatever. I filled some clear gumball tubes with soft peppermints.
Are you ready to go print and cut now? I told you it was easy! Make something, then tag me on Instagram (@steph_crafting_rain) so I can see it!
Want to see more Cricut tutorials? Try these posts:
Cricut Explore Air 2 Review
How to layer glitter iron on
How to cut an apply vinyl
How to cut balsa wood with a Cricut
Click here for another tutorial on how print and cut your own image with Cricut, I just made these Unicorn Stickers too - check out the post!