What do you do when you're given the challenge to upcycle a Chick-Fil-A tortilla soup bowl? Well, first you enjoy that tortilla soup of course! And then you get crafty with spray paint and fabric. I decided to turn mine into a cute pin cushion. Isn't it cute? Here's how you can make one too.
- Small chicken tortilla soup bowl, clean and dry
- Spray paint
- Fabric (about 6 inches square)
Steps for making the pin cushion
- Trim the tabs off the corners of the bowl.
- Spray paint with two light coats of paint and let dry completely.
- Wrap fabric tightly around fabric and secure with a small rubber band.
- Apply a bunch of hot glue inside the bowl and press the fabric down into the bowl, rubber band side down. Hold while the glue cools.
- Add pins to pin cushion and sew your next masterpiece! (Or let it sit and be cute on your craft table, like I will.)
What do you think of this DIY pin cushion? Will you make your own? What colors would you use?
Search the hashtag #chickfilaMomsDIY on social media for more creative upcycled bowl ideas too!
|Chick-Fil-A tortilla soup|